Monday, January 31, 2011

Loss of a Dear Friend

Life ain't fair.It never is. My friends and I realised this very thing quite recently. This was one of those tragedies that awaken you  to the horrors of life. Shock!!
 
The day was like any other day when a call changed everything. I receive the call, I say, "Hello" and the voice from the other side lets me in on a news which stirred the utmost disbelief in me. In fact, I refused to believe it!!My friend was no more. He had become God's own.
How??? How could this have happened??? He was completely fine!! How then??
This is when I Understood how frail life could be.A road accident!!! A freak accident in fact!! This was the reason for receiving that particular call!!
When my mind started accepting the fact,when it knew that there is no running away from what had happened, the Hows turned into Whys. Why?? Why did this happen??He was completely fine!! Why then??
Well, Life ain't fair.It never is.
But, knowing this couldn't make me get a grip on my emotions. You see, you can easily close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you cant close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.
But What could I do???
There was nothing that I could do to bring him back!!!
And the only answer was- LET GO!! No matter how hard it was to digest what happened, just LET GO.
I have learnt from the many experiences in  life that letting go doesn't really mean giving up or being insensitive. It simply means accepting that things weren't meant to be.
And now I have learnt how Important Human life could be. This minute, you know someone, who you talk to,and he could be gone for ever!! And no amount of you trying to think of the 'what may haves' and 'If i could haves' would change the 'Has happened'. After what has happened I am valuing each and every person I know just a little more,Appreciating their time amongst us.

With the consolation that My friend had lived his last month to the fullest, I Let Go. I look to keep in mind the little things that I have learnt from him and in that, look to keep his Spirit Alive!! May his soul Rest in Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment